Thursday, June 11, 2020

On ABS-CBN Shutdown

Special Joint Committee Hearing on the renewal of ABS-CBN Franchise. June 11, 2020 (Photo credits to TheHouseOfRepresentatives.gov.ph)

This reaction may come as a bit late to the party that's been ongoing for a while now. Nonetheless, this is what I have to say about all these legal shenanigans that I have grown too tired of seeing as I scroll down my newsfeed. Disclaimer, I am in no way an expert of these matters and I am yet to dig deeper into these things since it's getting more and more interesting as it progresses. My opinions are also leaning towards bias since I am in full support of our Nation's Laws and not to some pig-headed conglomerate that's just there to seduce our minds into believing what they have to say. (See? That's already biased, so read at your own risk!)

Idiots holding pointless rallies (Photo credits to ABS-CBN.com)


As we may all know by now, since people consider themselves to be experts on everything these days, ABS-CBN is one of the country's biggest Mass Media Corporation. And it seems that they've been conditioning the minds of most Filipinos since they started their game long before social media was making zombies out of us. I'm not saying that they got to where they are first. I'm just posing the fact that they're older than me. (Duh!)

Yeah right, I can't even get my facts straight about when they were conceived, but who frickin' cares, anyway? That's not the issue on hand, because one can easily Google those facts.

So, about ABS-CBN, I've been watching the latest Committee Hearing of the House of Representatives lately about this issue. In my own opinion, the hearing is downright stupid. And I don't mean that our lawmakers are stupid for doing so, I respect these people with every ounce of dignity that I have. What I mean about being stupid is the sheer idea of having this hearing, A SPECIAL HEARING, if I might add. I mean, for what? Just so that these ABS-CBN pricks could resume their blatant diabolical operations? Instead of Congress actually putting up laws and policies to combat this pandemic that's currently loose in the country, unfortunately.

On the other hand, it might also be a good idea so that somehow, Congress and ABS-CBN could shed some light on the matter. And rightly so, the hearing did not just shed some light on a specific matter but we were as if being bombarded with some big-ass floodlights on other important matters that pertains to our laws and the Constitution as well. Now, as I have said, I am not an expert on these legal matters but I think it's also safe to say that our laws have loopholes that we should be worried about if we really want to live a peaceable and sound life in this great country. And if we want to maintain that, I think we should also be concerned about these matters because companies like ABS-CBN has long been toying with us through these loopholes.

As I look into the things presented in these hearings, I think it's about time that ABS-CBN and other companies (whomever they are) who are doing these fiendish acts, be held accountable. And with that line of thought, ABS-CBN is not fit to be renewed in whatsoever operations that they were doing.

As for their "11,000" employees, if ever there was even some semblance of truth to that statement, can apply for jobs in other media agencies. I think, in their time in ABS-CBN, they have learned a lot and are qualified to do the jobs in their line of work in other companies/agencies. Now, come on, if this wouldn't work, I'm sure there are other legal means for them to feed their families. No?

So then, can we live a life without ABS-CBN? We certainly can! There are plenty of media outlets out there offering real news other than ABS-CBN that's just "In service of their bosses". If that's the only thing that you care about. As for the question of who their bosses are, that's for another time. Also, the company drew first blood by undermining the authority of the Constitution by violating it through appointing a non-Filipino citizen as their leader. Which should not be so, as I understand it. The government is just doing what it's supposed to do by exercising the authority of the Constitution. Right? And we should be pleased with that because that's a clear manifestation that our government is progressing and should not be put inside some greedy corporation's pocket.

So that's about it. If anyone has to add to this, you are welcome to do so in the comments' section. Thanks for reading. GOD Bless Us All!

No comments:

Post a Comment